Latvian PTO Joins EuroClass Project
In December 2012 the Latvian PTO joined the EuroClass project, a joint project between the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) and the PTOs of member states.
As Latvia is the last EU office that joined EuroClass, the lists of goods and services of all EU member states and Croatia, expected to join the EU on July 1, 2013, are now available through this online classification tool, which can be used to search for terms and compare databases in different countries.
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), the Japan Patent Office and the Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property have also joined EuroClass, which is available in 24 languages, including Japanese.
Later this year the name will be changed from EuroClass to TMClass.
Prepared by: Masa Lopicic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 2013 News
- Slovenia Court Issues Surprising Decision in Customs Infringement Case
- Croatian Accession to EU to Affect EU Trademarks, Designs
- Serbia Amends Trademark Law, Parallel Import Prohibited
- Lithuania Amends Trademark Law
- New Law on Courts Enters into Force in Kosovo
- French Wine Producer Cannot Register 'Jelzin' Mark in Russia
- Russia Withdraws Reservations to Berne Convention Provisions
- Latvian PTO Joins EuroClass Project
- Latvia Joins New Database Designview
- Azerbaijan Copyright Office Launches Online Application System
- Anti-Counterfeiting and Piracy Task Force Established in Kosovo
- BSA Files Charges against 22 Bosnian Companies Using Unlicensed Software
- Microsoft Ukraine Sues Ukrainian Companies for Using Pirated Software
- Bulgaria Customs Seize EUR 1 M Worth of Counterfeit Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Car Parts, Mobile Phones
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Makeup, Chocolates, Toys, Sneakers