Microsoft Ukraine Sues Ukrainian Companies for Using Pirated Software
Microsoft Ukraine has recently filed several lawsuits against Ukrainian companies using unlicensed Microsoft software. The damages are estimated to total EUR 92,000 (USD 123,000).
In October 2012, Microsoft Ukraine won a lawsuit against the Uzhhorod International Airport located in the city of Uzhhorod, in the western Ukrainian province of Zakarpattia. The court ordered the defendant to pay approximately EUR 6,400 (USD 8,500) in compensation for the use of unlicensed Microsoft software.
Microsoft Ukraine revealed that most infringers are based in the city of Dnepropetrovsk, southeastern Ukraine, and that they include the Honda car and spare parts supplier Dnipromotor, the state design institute Ukrbudproekt and the agricultural products developer and supplier Agropromenergo.
Microsoft Ukraine is part of the Microsoft Corporation, the worldís leading software manufacturer. It has been operating in Ukraine since 2003.
Prepared by: Maya Kryvoshei
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Intelvlas, Ukrainian IP news portal
February 2013 News
- Slovenia Court Issues Surprising Decision in Customs Infringement Case
- Croatian Accession to EU to Affect EU Trademarks, Designs
- Serbia Amends Trademark Law, Parallel Import Prohibited
- Lithuania Amends Trademark Law
- New Law on Courts Enters into Force in Kosovo
- French Wine Producer Cannot Register 'Jelzin' Mark in Russia
- Russia Withdraws Reservations to Berne Convention Provisions
- Latvian PTO Joins EuroClass Project
- Latvia Joins New Database Designview
- Azerbaijan Copyright Office Launches Online Application System
- Anti-Counterfeiting and Piracy Task Force Established in Kosovo
- BSA Files Charges against 22 Bosnian Companies Using Unlicensed Software
- Microsoft Ukraine Sues Ukrainian Companies for Using Pirated Software
- Bulgaria Customs Seize EUR 1 M Worth of Counterfeit Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Car Parts, Mobile Phones
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Makeup, Chocolates, Toys, Sneakers