Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Makeup, Chocolates, Toys, Sneakers
During regular controls at Macedonia’s border crossings in the period January 21 – February 17, the customs officials seized a considerable quantity of goods bearing well-known brand names, believed to be counterfeit.
In the week of January 21-27, the Macedonian customs officials seized 190 mascaras and eye shadows bearing the marks of Dior, Chanel, Gucci and Saint Laurent, as well as 16 bottles of men’s perfumes bearing the mark of Paco Rabanne.
On February 1, the customs officials seized 288 children’s electric cars bearing the marks of Audi and BMW, the estimated value of which, if sold on the market as originals, would be EUR 35,000 (USD 46,720).
During the period February 11-17, the officials seized 816 pairs of sneakers bearing the mark of Adidas and 3.6 tons of chocolates resembling Kinder Bueno chocolate bars, made by Italian confectionary maker Ferrero.
The goods, which were found in trucks with Macedonian license plates, originated in Turkey, China and Bulgaria, and were intended for the Macedonian market.
Prepared by: Aleksandra Pavlovic
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Macedonian Customs
February 2013 News
- Slovenia Court Issues Surprising Decision in Customs Infringement Case
- Croatian Accession to EU to Affect EU Trademarks, Designs
- Serbia Amends Trademark Law, Parallel Import Prohibited
- Lithuania Amends Trademark Law
- New Law on Courts Enters into Force in Kosovo
- French Wine Producer Cannot Register 'Jelzin' Mark in Russia
- Russia Withdraws Reservations to Berne Convention Provisions
- Latvian PTO Joins EuroClass Project
- Latvia Joins New Database Designview
- Azerbaijan Copyright Office Launches Online Application System
- Anti-Counterfeiting and Piracy Task Force Established in Kosovo
- BSA Files Charges against 22 Bosnian Companies Using Unlicensed Software
- Microsoft Ukraine Sues Ukrainian Companies for Using Pirated Software
- Bulgaria Customs Seize EUR 1 M Worth of Counterfeit Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Car Parts, Mobile Phones
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Makeup, Chocolates, Toys, Sneakers