Anti-Counterfeiting and Piracy Task Force Established in Kosovo
On January 30, 2013, the Kosovo government approved the decision to establish a task force against counterfeiting and piracy.
The establishment of the task force was foreseen by the national strategy for combating counterfeited and pirated products, adopted on October 4, 2012.
The task force will consist of the representatives of the Copyright Office, Trade Inspectorate, IPO, Kosovo Customs, Kosovo Police, and Ministry of Justice.
The mission of the task force will be to:
- Promote effective cooperation between public authorities and social and economic organizations in the field of copyright protection;
- Ensure and coordinate the implementation of the strategy and the action plan against counterfeiting and piracy;
- Develop and implement public awareness programs and campaigns; and
- Prepare and deliver proposals for drafting legislation related to copyright enforcement.
On the same date, the Kosovo government also adopted the regulation on mediation in the field of copyright and related rights outlining mediation procedures between copyright collecting societies and their members.
Prepared by: Jelena Jankovic
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: The Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports of Kosovo
February 2013 News
- Slovenia Court Issues Surprising Decision in Customs Infringement Case
- Croatian Accession to EU to Affect EU Trademarks, Designs
- Serbia Amends Trademark Law, Parallel Import Prohibited
- Lithuania Amends Trademark Law
- New Law on Courts Enters into Force in Kosovo
- French Wine Producer Cannot Register 'Jelzin' Mark in Russia
- Russia Withdraws Reservations to Berne Convention Provisions
- Latvian PTO Joins EuroClass Project
- Latvia Joins New Database Designview
- Azerbaijan Copyright Office Launches Online Application System
- Anti-Counterfeiting and Piracy Task Force Established in Kosovo
- BSA Files Charges against 22 Bosnian Companies Using Unlicensed Software
- Microsoft Ukraine Sues Ukrainian Companies for Using Pirated Software
- Bulgaria Customs Seize EUR 1 M Worth of Counterfeit Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Toys, Car Parts, Mobile Phones
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Makeup, Chocolates, Toys, Sneakers