Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear, Batteries
During regular controls at Macedonia’s border crossings in the period August 27 – September 13, 2012, the customs officials seized a considerable quantity of goods bearing well-known brand names, believed to be counterfeit.
In the week of August 27-September 2, the customs officials seized 490 USB cables bearing the mark of iPhone and 120 pairs of sneakers bearing the mark of Adidas.
In the week of September 3–9, the officials seized 1,029 clothing items, including sweatsuits, sweatpants, sneakers, bags, shirts, jackets, blouses and underwear, bearing the marks of Adidas, Polo, Armani, and Prada, as well as 1,475 key chains bearing the marks of Volkswagen, Opel, BMW, Ford, Mercedes, Renault, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Peugeot and Mazda.
On September 13, the officials seized 9,472 batteries bearing the marks of Panasonic and Sony, as well as 530 videotapes bearing the mark of Sony.
The goods, which were found in trucks with Macedonian and Turkish license plates, originated in Turkey, Bulgaria, China, Hungary and Dubai, and were intended for the Macedonian and Kosovo markets.
Prepared by: Aleksandra Pavlovic
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Macedonian Customs
September 2012 News
- Russia’s Presence in Montenegro: What It Means for Trademark Owners
- Bulgaria: No Proof of Malice, No Bad Faith
- IKEA Sues Russian Resident for Trademark Infringement
- Russian Court Rules in Favor of Scottish Soft Drink Manufacturer AG Barr
- French Champagne Producer Loses Rights to Cristal Trademark in Russia
- Largest Russian Brewery Denied ‘Zatecky Gus’ Trademark Registration
- Change in Individual Fee under Madrid Protocol for Tajikistan
- Czech Republic: Average Patent-Processing Period 3.3 Years for Domestic Applicants
- New Fees for Eurasian Patent Maintenance in Russia
- EAPATIS Modified to Improve Search Process
- Azerbaijan: 95 Percent of Plagiarized Textbooks University Material
- Romanian Customs Seize Fake Gucci, Versace, XerJoff, FC Barcelona Goods
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear, Batteries
- Bulgarian Customs Destroy Counterfeit Apparel, Perfumes, Batteries