First Bulgarian GI Entered into EU Register
Gornooryahovski Sudzhuk, traditional flat sausage from the town of Gorna Oryahovitsa, northern Bulgaria, is the first Bulgarian geographical indication entered into the European Union’s register of protected designations of origin and protected geographical indications, on December 21, 2011.
As a result of the registration, only the meat producers that are members of Rahovetz 2007, the association that filed the application for registration, can use the term Gornooryahovski Sudzhuk on the EU territory. Other producers wishing to sell this product have to become members of the association and produce the sausage in its geographical location or origin.
For more information, please contact Preslav Penev at our Bulgaria office.
Source: Bulgarian newspaper Dnevnik
February 2012 News
- Polish Company Denied Viaguara Trademark Registration in EU
- Kosovo: National Trademark Applications Now Published for Opposition
- New Laws on Product Safety and Market Surveillance in Albania
- Turkmenistan Amends IP Legislation
- YouTube Asserts Right to Youtube.ua
- First Bulgarian GI Entered into EU Register
- Court In Russia Dismisses Chanel’s Egoiste Trademark Appeal
- Russian Alcohol Producer Loses Against Heineken in Trademark Infringement Suit
- Bosnia Accedes to Patent Law Treaty
- Bosnia Accedes to Nairobi Treaty on the Protection of the Olympic Symbol
- Kazakhstan Ratifies Rome Convention
- Hungary, Austria, Romania to Establish Danube Patent Institute
- Romanian and Lithuanian Trademarks Added to TMview
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Anti-Impotence Drugs
- Macedonian Customs Seize Car Players, Apparel, Sneakers, Watches
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Lionel Messi Soccer Jerseys, Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Cosmetics, Toys, Apparel, Cookware