Romanian and Lithuanian Trademarks Added to TMview
Trademark applications and registrations from the Romanian and Lithuanian PTOs have recently been added to the TMview, Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market of the European Union (OHIM) database providing free access to data on almost 7 million trademarks.
There are now 17 offices contributing trademark data to TMview. Besides Romania and Lithuania, TMview provides access to trademarks held by OHIM, WIPO, as well as the UK, Swedish, Benelux, Danish, Italian, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Bulgarian, Slovakian, Czech, Slovenian and Estonian PTOs. The aim is to eventually cover all EU member states.
TMview became available on April 13, 2010 and has welcomed more than 530,000 users from 170 different countries. A new version of TMview has recently been launched to make the process of searching through the database easier.
For more information, please contact Roxana Sarghi at our Romania office.
Source: TMview website
February 2012 News
- Polish Company Denied Viaguara Trademark Registration in EU
- Kosovo: National Trademark Applications Now Published for Opposition
- New Laws on Product Safety and Market Surveillance in Albania
- Turkmenistan Amends IP Legislation
- YouTube Asserts Right to Youtube.ua
- First Bulgarian GI Entered into EU Register
- Court In Russia Dismisses Chanel’s Egoiste Trademark Appeal
- Russian Alcohol Producer Loses Against Heineken in Trademark Infringement Suit
- Bosnia Accedes to Patent Law Treaty
- Bosnia Accedes to Nairobi Treaty on the Protection of the Olympic Symbol
- Kazakhstan Ratifies Rome Convention
- Hungary, Austria, Romania to Establish Danube Patent Institute
- Romanian and Lithuanian Trademarks Added to TMview
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Anti-Impotence Drugs
- Macedonian Customs Seize Car Players, Apparel, Sneakers, Watches
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Lionel Messi Soccer Jerseys, Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Cosmetics, Toys, Apparel, Cookware