Kosovo: National Trademark Applications Now Published for Opposition
On January 17, the Kosovo IPO issued its seventh Official Bulletin, the first one to include national trademark applications published for opposition, under the provisions of the new trademark law of September 2011. This Bulletin also includes the Serbian trademarks re-filed in Kosovo.
The previous six Bulletins included the Serbian trademark re-registrations only.
Apart from the Serbian re-registrations, during the one-year revalidation period that started on November 19, 2007, when the Kosovo IPO opened, it was also possible to re-file the pending Serbian trademarks. These trademarks will be treated in the same manner as the national trademark applications, while the Serbian priority will be kept. Thus, these trademarks will also be subject to opposition.
An opposition notice may be filed with the Kosovo IPO within a period of three months as of the publication date.
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Kosovo IPO
February 2012 News
- Polish Company Denied Viaguara Trademark Registration in EU
- Kosovo: National Trademark Applications Now Published for Opposition
- New Laws on Product Safety and Market Surveillance in Albania
- Turkmenistan Amends IP Legislation
- YouTube Asserts Right to Youtube.ua
- First Bulgarian GI Entered into EU Register
- Court In Russia Dismisses Chanel’s Egoiste Trademark Appeal
- Russian Alcohol Producer Loses Against Heineken in Trademark Infringement Suit
- Bosnia Accedes to Patent Law Treaty
- Bosnia Accedes to Nairobi Treaty on the Protection of the Olympic Symbol
- Kazakhstan Ratifies Rome Convention
- Hungary, Austria, Romania to Establish Danube Patent Institute
- Romanian and Lithuanian Trademarks Added to TMview
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Anti-Impotence Drugs
- Macedonian Customs Seize Car Players, Apparel, Sneakers, Watches
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Lionel Messi Soccer Jerseys, Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Cosmetics, Toys, Apparel, Cookware