YouTube Asserts Right to Youtube.ua
The domain name youtube.ua has recently been successfully re-delegated to its rightful owner, the popular video-sharing website YouTube, after being in the possession of a Ukrainian cyber squatter, who registered it after registering the trademark YOU TUBE.
Last year YouTube, owned by Google Inc., asserted the rights to the trademark in the Ukrainian court of the first instance. The trademark was acknowledged as well known in Ukraine and the registration in the name of a Ukrainian resident Blokhin David Oleksandrovych, was acknowledged as wrongfully registered.
As a result, the corresponding domain name youtube.ua has been delegated to its rightful owner. On December 29, 2011, appropriate changes regarding the domain name youtube.ua were made in the Ukrainian domain name database.
For more information, please contact Maya Kryvoshei at our Ukraine office.
Source: Liga.net, Ukrainian news portal
February 2012 News
- Polish Company Denied Viaguara Trademark Registration in EU
- Kosovo: National Trademark Applications Now Published for Opposition
- New Laws on Product Safety and Market Surveillance in Albania
- Turkmenistan Amends IP Legislation
- YouTube Asserts Right to Youtube.ua
- First Bulgarian GI Entered into EU Register
- Court In Russia Dismisses Chanel’s Egoiste Trademark Appeal
- Russian Alcohol Producer Loses Against Heineken in Trademark Infringement Suit
- Bosnia Accedes to Patent Law Treaty
- Bosnia Accedes to Nairobi Treaty on the Protection of the Olympic Symbol
- Kazakhstan Ratifies Rome Convention
- Hungary, Austria, Romania to Establish Danube Patent Institute
- Romanian and Lithuanian Trademarks Added to TMview
- Macedonian Customs Seize Fake Anti-Impotence Drugs
- Macedonian Customs Seize Car Players, Apparel, Sneakers, Watches
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Lionel Messi Soccer Jerseys, Perfumes
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Cosmetics, Toys, Apparel, Cookware