YouTube Pays Royalties to Polish Artists
The popular video-sharing website YouTube and the Association of Polish Authors and Composers (ZAIKS) have signed a license agreement, in force as of January 1, 2011, protecting the copyright of Polish artists and guaranteeing royalty payments for their videos played on YouTube.
Under the agreement, Polish artists registered at ZAIKS will receive an unidentified percentage of the revenue that YouTube earns from the advertisements displayed next to the videos.
Artur Waliszewski, country business manager at Google Poland, Google being the owner of YouTube, said the agreement is a milestone for Polish artists, as it will provide them with both the promotion and financial compensation.
YouTube has signed more than 10,000 similar agreements with copyright organizations around the world and, as Waliszewski explained, it will continue to sign agreements with other copyright collectives in Poland.
For more information, please contact Masa Lopicic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Polish news portals Poland.pl and Thenews.pl
Read more news on Poland or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
February 2011 News
- Ferrero Loses Raffaello Trademark Protection in Ukraine
- Amendments to Russia’s Civil Code: Risk or Benefit for Trademark and Domain Name Holders?
- New Design Law in Montenegro Introduces Important Novelties
- Serbia to Adopt Optical Disk Law to Curb Piracy
- Estonia Amendments to Patent Law Introduce Prior Art Search
- Criminal Copyright Infringement Charges Against Russian Music Sharer
- Estonian Domain Reform Ends April 6, 2011
- YouTube Pays Royalties to Polish Artists
- Increase in National Trademark, Patent, Design Applications in Slovenia
- Kazakhstan Accedes to Nairobi Treaty on the Protection of the Olympic Symbol
- London Agreement Enters into Force in Hungary
- Croatia Accedes to Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- Ukrainian Customs Seize Two Million Counterfeit Marlboro Cigarette Packets
- Croatian Customs Seize Chanel, Armani, Gucci Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Detain Diesel, Armani, Adidas Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Authorities Seize 8,000 Fake Auto Parts
- Lithuania Launches Patent Applications Database
- Georgian Translation of Ninth Edition of Nice Classification Released