Macedonian Customs Detain Diesel, Armani, Adidas Counterfeits
During regular controls at Macedonia’s border crossings in the period January 24 – February 13, 2011, the customs officials detained a considerable quantity of goods bearing well-known brand names, believed to be counterfeit.
In the week of January 24-30, the customs officials detained 3,600 pairs of sneakers bearing the mark of Runners, 1,533 pairs of jeans, tracksuits and underwear bearing the marks of Diesel, Tommy Hilfiger, Armani, Adidas, Boss, Gucci and D&G, 790 pairs of sunglasses bearing the marks of Ray Ban and Versace, and 80 pairs of jeans bearing the mark of Levi’s.
In the period January 31–February 6, the officials detained 530 spare mobile phone parts bearing the marks of Nokia and Sony Ericsson. During the week of February 7-13, 820 pairs of sneakers bearing the mark of Puma were detained.
The goods, which were found in a train wagon and in trucks with Turkish and Macedonian license plates, originated in China and Turkey, and were intended for the Macedonian and Kosovo markets.
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Pavlovic at our Macedonia office.
Source: Macedonian customs
February 2011 News
- Ferrero Loses Raffaello Trademark Protection in Ukraine
- Amendments to Russia’s Civil Code: Risk or Benefit for Trademark and Domain Name Holders?
- New Design Law in Montenegro Introduces Important Novelties
- Serbia to Adopt Optical Disk Law to Curb Piracy
- Estonia Amendments to Patent Law Introduce Prior Art Search
- Criminal Copyright Infringement Charges Against Russian Music Sharer
- Estonian Domain Reform Ends April 6, 2011
- YouTube Pays Royalties to Polish Artists
- Increase in National Trademark, Patent, Design Applications in Slovenia
- Kazakhstan Accedes to Nairobi Treaty on the Protection of the Olympic Symbol
- London Agreement Enters into Force in Hungary
- Croatia Accedes to Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- Ukrainian Customs Seize Two Million Counterfeit Marlboro Cigarette Packets
- Croatian Customs Seize Chanel, Armani, Gucci Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Detain Diesel, Armani, Adidas Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Authorities Seize 8,000 Fake Auto Parts
- Lithuania Launches Patent Applications Database
- Georgian Translation of Ninth Edition of Nice Classification Released