Croatian Customs Seize Chanel, Armani, Gucci Counterfeits
The customs officials at the container terminal Brajdica in Rijeka, the largest port in Croatia, have recently discovered and seized a large number of counterfeit perfumes, cosmetic products and ladies undergarments worth approximately EUR 272,000 (USD 366,835).
The goods were imported by a company from the city of Novi Sad, northern Serbia, and discovered on a cargo ship called Madinah in a container originating in China.
The seizure consisted of 9,312 perfumes, 21,720 cosmetic items and 12,000 ladies’ undergarments bearing the labels of well-known brands, including Chanel, Bulgari, Armani, Shiseido and Gucci.
This is the 38th container with fake goods seized at the terminal Brajdica in the last 12 months; the total market value of the seized goods amounts to EUR 19 million (USD 26 million).
All seized goods will be destroyed in the near future.
For more information, please contact Dalibor Radovic at our Croatia Office.
Source: Croatian news portal Vecernji.hr
February 2011 News
- Ferrero Loses Raffaello Trademark Protection in Ukraine
- Amendments to Russia’s Civil Code: Risk or Benefit for Trademark and Domain Name Holders?
- New Design Law in Montenegro Introduces Important Novelties
- Serbia to Adopt Optical Disk Law to Curb Piracy
- Estonia Amendments to Patent Law Introduce Prior Art Search
- Criminal Copyright Infringement Charges Against Russian Music Sharer
- Estonian Domain Reform Ends April 6, 2011
- YouTube Pays Royalties to Polish Artists
- Increase in National Trademark, Patent, Design Applications in Slovenia
- Kazakhstan Accedes to Nairobi Treaty on the Protection of the Olympic Symbol
- London Agreement Enters into Force in Hungary
- Croatia Accedes to Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- Ukrainian Customs Seize Two Million Counterfeit Marlboro Cigarette Packets
- Croatian Customs Seize Chanel, Armani, Gucci Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Detain Diesel, Armani, Adidas Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Authorities Seize 8,000 Fake Auto Parts
- Lithuania Launches Patent Applications Database
- Georgian Translation of Ninth Edition of Nice Classification Released