Bosnia Adopts Rules on Industrial Property Registration Procedures
In 2010 Bosnia and Herzegovina adopted seven new intellectual property laws — Trademark Law, Patent Law, Law on the Protection of Indications of Geographical Origin, Law on the Protection of Topographies of Integrated Circuits, Law on Industrial Designs, Copyright and Related Rights Law and Collective Management of Copyright and Related Rights Law. These new laws entered into force on January 1, 2011.
In accordance with the adoption of the new laws, the Institute for Intellectual Property of Bosnia and Herzegovina has adopted three new Books of Rules pertaining to the industrial property application and registration procedures:
- Book of Rules on Procedures for Registration of Patents and Consensual Patents,
- Book of Rules on Procedures for Trademark Registration, and
- Book of Rules on Procedures for Design Registration.
The Books of Rules were published in the Official Gazette in December 2010 and entered into force on January 1, 2011.
For more information, please contact Alma Vilic at our Bosnia office.
Source: Institute for Intellectual Property of Bosnia and Herzegovina
January 2011 News
- Bad Faith Registrations in Bosnia Persist Despite New Law
- New Montenegrin Design Law Gives 12-Month Deadline to Owners
- Ukraine Steps up UEFA Protection Ahead of Euro 2012 Soccer Championship
- Bosnia Adopts Rules on Industrial Property Registration Procedures
- Lithuania Adopts Amendments to Patent Law
- Kazakhstan Drafts Two New IP Laws
- Latvia Amends Administrative Violations Code IP Provisions
- Croatia Fights Counterfeiting
- Macedonian Authorities Destroy Counterfeit CDs, Cigarettes, Alcohol
- Bulgarian Police Seize USD 1,000,000 Worth of Counterfeit Luxury Items
- Warehouse for Counterfeit Sneaker Production Discovered in Serbia
- Macedonian Customs Detain Gucci, Kappa, D&G Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 485,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Macedonia Registers First International Appellations of Origin
- Macedonian Translation of Ninth Edition of Nice Classification Released
- Russia and Finland Launch Patent Prosecution Highway
- Czech IPO Introduces Changes Concerning Official Fee Payment
- Uzbekistan SPO Announces Changes in Patent Fee Payment in National Currency
- Hungarian IPO Changes Name
- Kosovo PTO Launches its First IP Gazette