Macedonian Authorities Destroy Counterfeit CDs, Cigarettes, Alcohol
On December 10, 2010, the Coordinating Body for Intellectual Property in Macedonia destroyed 87,114 pirate DVDs and CDs, 31,560 cartons of cigarettes, 150 liters of alcohol, 300 pieces of medication, 160 kilograms of chopped tobacco, 18 tons of food, and 1,420 cosmetic products, the Macedonian IPO informed.
The goods destroyed were confiscated due to violations of intellectual property rights. This public destruction of confiscated goods was carried out at the Drisla landfill in the capital of Skopje.
In November 2010, the Coordinating Body also conducted two raids in the towns of Kumanovo, northeastern Macedonia, and Gostivar, northwestern Macedonia, where it confiscated 37 computers with unlicensed software and 915 pirate CDs and DVDs.
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Pavlovic at our Macedonia office.
Source: Macedonian IPO
January 2011 News
- Bad Faith Registrations in Bosnia Persist Despite New Law
- New Montenegrin Design Law Gives 12-Month Deadline to Owners
- Ukraine Steps up UEFA Protection Ahead of Euro 2012 Soccer Championship
- Bosnia Adopts Rules on Industrial Property Registration Procedures
- Lithuania Adopts Amendments to Patent Law
- Kazakhstan Drafts Two New IP Laws
- Latvia Amends Administrative Violations Code IP Provisions
- Croatia Fights Counterfeiting
- Macedonian Authorities Destroy Counterfeit CDs, Cigarettes, Alcohol
- Bulgarian Police Seize USD 1,000,000 Worth of Counterfeit Luxury Items
- Warehouse for Counterfeit Sneaker Production Discovered in Serbia
- Macedonian Customs Detain Gucci, Kappa, D&G Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 485,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Macedonia Registers First International Appellations of Origin
- Macedonian Translation of Ninth Edition of Nice Classification Released
- Russia and Finland Launch Patent Prosecution Highway
- Czech IPO Introduces Changes Concerning Official Fee Payment
- Uzbekistan SPO Announces Changes in Patent Fee Payment in National Currency
- Hungarian IPO Changes Name
- Kosovo PTO Launches its First IP Gazette