Kazakhstan Drafts Two New IP Laws
On December 30, 2010, the drafts for two new laws have been submitted to the Kazakh parliament for adoption — the Law on Ratification of the Patent Law Treaty (PLT) and the Law on Introducing Amendments to Intellectual Property Legislation.
The PLT is designed to harmonize and streamline formal procedures set by national or regional patent offices for the filing and maintenance of patents.
The amendments to IP legislation aim to speed up the industrial property application process and bring the Kazakh IP legislation in line with international standards.
For more information, please contact Masa Lopicic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Kazakh PTO
January 2011 News
- Bad Faith Registrations in Bosnia Persist Despite New Law
- New Montenegrin Design Law Gives 12-Month Deadline to Owners
- Ukraine Steps up UEFA Protection Ahead of Euro 2012 Soccer Championship
- Bosnia Adopts Rules on Industrial Property Registration Procedures
- Lithuania Adopts Amendments to Patent Law
- Kazakhstan Drafts Two New IP Laws
- Latvia Amends Administrative Violations Code IP Provisions
- Croatia Fights Counterfeiting
- Macedonian Authorities Destroy Counterfeit CDs, Cigarettes, Alcohol
- Bulgarian Police Seize USD 1,000,000 Worth of Counterfeit Luxury Items
- Warehouse for Counterfeit Sneaker Production Discovered in Serbia
- Macedonian Customs Detain Gucci, Kappa, D&G Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 485,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Macedonia Registers First International Appellations of Origin
- Macedonian Translation of Ninth Edition of Nice Classification Released
- Russia and Finland Launch Patent Prosecution Highway
- Czech IPO Introduces Changes Concerning Official Fee Payment
- Uzbekistan SPO Announces Changes in Patent Fee Payment in National Currency
- Hungarian IPO Changes Name
- Kosovo PTO Launches its First IP Gazette