Warehouse for Counterfeit Sneaker Production Discovered in Serbia
On December 24, 2010, the Serbian customs officials, in cooperation with the police, discovered a warehouse used for production of counterfeit Nike, Puma, Converse and Dolce & Gabbana sneakers.
The warehouse is located in the city of Pancevo, 15 kilometers northeast from Belgrade. Two machines used for sewing and gluing fake labels, 2,000 pairs of sneakers with labels, 500 pairs without labels and an unidentified number of labels that were ready to be sewn or glued onto sneakers were discovered during the raid. The counterfeit goods are valued at approximately EUR 120,000 (USD 160,000).
The request for initiating criminal proceedings is to be made against the warehouse tenant, the owner of the Chinese company Lingxiao Liu. The seized goods will be placed under customs supervision until the end of proceedings.
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Serbian Customs
January 2011 News
- Bad Faith Registrations in Bosnia Persist Despite New Law
- New Montenegrin Design Law Gives 12-Month Deadline to Owners
- Ukraine Steps up UEFA Protection Ahead of Euro 2012 Soccer Championship
- Bosnia Adopts Rules on Industrial Property Registration Procedures
- Lithuania Adopts Amendments to Patent Law
- Kazakhstan Drafts Two New IP Laws
- Latvia Amends Administrative Violations Code IP Provisions
- Croatia Fights Counterfeiting
- Macedonian Authorities Destroy Counterfeit CDs, Cigarettes, Alcohol
- Bulgarian Police Seize USD 1,000,000 Worth of Counterfeit Luxury Items
- Warehouse for Counterfeit Sneaker Production Discovered in Serbia
- Macedonian Customs Detain Gucci, Kappa, D&G Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 485,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Macedonia Registers First International Appellations of Origin
- Macedonian Translation of Ninth Edition of Nice Classification Released
- Russia and Finland Launch Patent Prosecution Highway
- Czech IPO Introduces Changes Concerning Official Fee Payment
- Uzbekistan SPO Announces Changes in Patent Fee Payment in National Currency
- Hungarian IPO Changes Name
- Kosovo PTO Launches its First IP Gazette