Macedonian Customs Detain Gucci, Kappa, D&G Counterfeits
During regular controls at Macedonia’s border crossings in the period between December 20, 2010, and January 9, 2011, the customs officials detained a considerable quantity of goods bearing well-known brand names, believed to be counterfeit.
In the week of December 20-26, 2010, the customs officials detained 920 pairs of children’s pants bearing the mark of Gucci, 10 jackets bearing the mark of Louis Vuitton, and 340 children’s pajamas with the logo of Kappa.
In the period January 3-9, 2011, the officials detained 209 blouses and hats bearing the marks of Kappa and D&G.
The goods, which were found in trucks with Albanian, Turkish and Macedonian license plates, originated in China and Dubai, and were intended for the Albanian and Kosovo markets.
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Pavlovic at our Macedonia office.
Source: Macedonian Customs
January 2011 News
- Bad Faith Registrations in Bosnia Persist Despite New Law
- New Montenegrin Design Law Gives 12-Month Deadline to Owners
- Ukraine Steps up UEFA Protection Ahead of Euro 2012 Soccer Championship
- Bosnia Adopts Rules on Industrial Property Registration Procedures
- Lithuania Adopts Amendments to Patent Law
- Kazakhstan Drafts Two New IP Laws
- Latvia Amends Administrative Violations Code IP Provisions
- Croatia Fights Counterfeiting
- Macedonian Authorities Destroy Counterfeit CDs, Cigarettes, Alcohol
- Bulgarian Police Seize USD 1,000,000 Worth of Counterfeit Luxury Items
- Warehouse for Counterfeit Sneaker Production Discovered in Serbia
- Macedonian Customs Detain Gucci, Kappa, D&G Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 485,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Macedonia Registers First International Appellations of Origin
- Macedonian Translation of Ninth Edition of Nice Classification Released
- Russia and Finland Launch Patent Prosecution Highway
- Czech IPO Introduces Changes Concerning Official Fee Payment
- Uzbekistan SPO Announces Changes in Patent Fee Payment in National Currency
- Hungarian IPO Changes Name
- Kosovo PTO Launches its First IP Gazette