Priority Registration of Cyrillic IDNs with .com.ua and .kiev.ua as of October 19
On October 19, 2010, the priority registration of Cyrillic Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) in Ukraine became available in .com.ua and .kiev.ua zones.
According to the website of Hostmaster, which administers the .ua domain, the Cyrillic IDNs registration will be held in three stages.
During the first stage, taking place from October 19 – November 17, the owners of word marks and well-known trademarks will be allowed to register domain names.
During the second stage, which will last from November 19 – December 19, domain names will be delegated to registrants who would like to register them for a period of 10 years.
Registration will then become available to everyone on December 21.
During all three stages, the requested domain names will go through a verification process to see if they comply with the registration requirements developed according to the international standards and designed to prevent cybersquatting and phishing.
For the official list of registrars, please go here.
For more information, please contact Maya Kryvoshei at our Ukraine office.
Source: Hostmaster, operator of Ukrainian .ua domain
October 2010 News
- Bulgaria to Register Grape Rakia as Protected Geographical Indication
- Priority Registration of Cyrillic IDNs with .com.ua and .kiev.ua as of October 19
- Russian Chocolate Maker Banned from Selling Raffaello Look-Alikes in Ukraine
- Rospatent to Serve as ISA, IPEA under PCT for US
- Accented Characters Now Allowed in Slovenian Domain Names, Registration Costs Reduced
- Albania Approves National IP Strategy 2010-2015
- Fake Nike Apparel Destroyed in Serbia
- Fake Goods Make Quarter of Russia’s Key Retail Sector Sales
- Georgia World Leader in Software Piracy
- Macedonian Customs Detain Gucci, Armani, Adidas, Nike, BIC Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Converse, Sony Counterfeits
- Macedonian Authorities Confiscate Computers, Pirate CDs
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Luxury Goods
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
- Kazakhstan Accedes to Madrid Protocol
- Azerbaijan Accedes to Geneva Act
- Serbia Accedes to Nice Agreement and Singapore Treaty
- Kosovo PTO Now Accepts Search Requests