Fake Nike Apparel Destroyed in Serbia
The representatives of the PETOŠEVIĆ office in Belgrade and the representatives of Delta Sport, the exclusive distributor of Nike in the Balkan region, have recently organized and witnessed the destruction of 1,704 textile products found to infringe the intellectual property rights of Nike.
On October 5, 2010, the counterfeit goods were taken to the city waste yard where they were destroyed by compaction and then covered with waste and soil.
Another destruction is planned in the near future. Namely, 3,910 pairs of counterfeit Nike sneakers will be destroyed at a city waste in Belgrade using a truck tire shredder.
The state market inspectorate representatives from the Ministry of Trade and Services discovered and seized the infringing goods in various outlets in Serbia.
You can see the photos of the destruction in our gallery.
According to the Serbian Customs website, on October 10, the Serbian customs officials and police discovered a warehouse in a suburb of Belgrade used for production of counterfeit Nike sneakers.
More than 6,500 pairs of sneakers, hundreds of thousands of fake Nike labels and seven machines used for sneaker production were found during the raid.
For more information, please contact Ivan Matic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: PETOŠEVIĆ; Serbian Customs
October 2010 News
- Bulgaria to Register Grape Rakia as Protected Geographical Indication
- Priority Registration of Cyrillic IDNs with .com.ua and .kiev.ua as of October 19
- Russian Chocolate Maker Banned from Selling Raffaello Look-Alikes in Ukraine
- Rospatent to Serve as ISA, IPEA under PCT for US
- Accented Characters Now Allowed in Slovenian Domain Names, Registration Costs Reduced
- Albania Approves National IP Strategy 2010-2015
- Fake Nike Apparel Destroyed in Serbia
- Fake Goods Make Quarter of Russia’s Key Retail Sector Sales
- Georgia World Leader in Software Piracy
- Macedonian Customs Detain Gucci, Armani, Adidas, Nike, BIC Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Converse, Sony Counterfeits
- Macedonian Authorities Confiscate Computers, Pirate CDs
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Luxury Goods
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
- Kazakhstan Accedes to Madrid Protocol
- Azerbaijan Accedes to Geneva Act
- Serbia Accedes to Nice Agreement and Singapore Treaty
- Kosovo PTO Now Accepts Search Requests