Kazakhstan Accedes to Madrid Protocol
On September 8, 2010, Kazakhstan deposited its instrument of accession to the Protocol Relating to the Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks, adopted in Madrid on June 27, 1989. The Madrid Protocol will enter into force in Kazakhstan on December 8, 2010.
Kazakhstan signed the Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks on December 25, 1991.
The WIPO-administered Madrid System for the international registration of marks is applicable among the countries party to the Madrid Agreement or the Madrid Protocol. The Madrid Agreement and Madrid Protocol are parallel but independent treaties, with different but overlapping membership.
An International Registration under the Madrid System gives a trademark owner the possibility of registration in more than 80 countries by filing one application with a single Office, in one language, with one set of fees in one currency (Swiss francs). An application is filed on the basis of a national application or registration.
For more information, please contact Masa Lopicic at our Balkan Regional Office.
October 2010 News
- Bulgaria to Register Grape Rakia as Protected Geographical Indication
- Priority Registration of Cyrillic IDNs with .com.ua and .kiev.ua as of October 19
- Russian Chocolate Maker Banned from Selling Raffaello Look-Alikes in Ukraine
- Rospatent to Serve as ISA, IPEA under PCT for US
- Accented Characters Now Allowed in Slovenian Domain Names, Registration Costs Reduced
- Albania Approves National IP Strategy 2010-2015
- Fake Nike Apparel Destroyed in Serbia
- Fake Goods Make Quarter of Russia’s Key Retail Sector Sales
- Georgia World Leader in Software Piracy
- Macedonian Customs Detain Gucci, Armani, Adidas, Nike, BIC Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Converse, Sony Counterfeits
- Macedonian Authorities Confiscate Computers, Pirate CDs
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Luxury Goods
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
- Kazakhstan Accedes to Madrid Protocol
- Azerbaijan Accedes to Geneva Act
- Serbia Accedes to Nice Agreement and Singapore Treaty
- Kosovo PTO Now Accepts Search Requests