Rospatent to Serve as ISA, IPEA under PCT for US
On September 22, 2010, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and the Russian Federal Service for Intellectual Property, Patents and Trademarks (Rospatent) signed an agreement under which Rospatent will serve as an International Searching Authority (ISA) and International Preliminary Examining Authority (IPEA) under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) for international applications received by the USPTO.
According to the USPTO, the agreement is beneficial for the US applicants because the cost of search and examination will be lower and the process faster. A search carried out by Rospatent as the ISA will cost USD 449 (EUR 323). Applicants selecting Rospatent as the IPEA will pay a preliminary examination fee of USD 180 (EUR 129), as well as a handling fee of USD 175 (EUR 126). When the International Search Report (ISR) is not prepared by Rospatent, the fee will be USD 271 (EUR 195).
The agreement was signed at the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) headquarters in Geneva. The implementation details are still being finalized and the start date will be announced soon.
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Read more news on Russia or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
October 2010 News
- Bulgaria to Register Grape Rakia as Protected Geographical Indication
- Priority Registration of Cyrillic IDNs with .com.ua and .kiev.ua as of October 19
- Russian Chocolate Maker Banned from Selling Raffaello Look-Alikes in Ukraine
- Rospatent to Serve as ISA, IPEA under PCT for US
- Accented Characters Now Allowed in Slovenian Domain Names, Registration Costs Reduced
- Albania Approves National IP Strategy 2010-2015
- Fake Nike Apparel Destroyed in Serbia
- Fake Goods Make Quarter of Russia’s Key Retail Sector Sales
- Georgia World Leader in Software Piracy
- Macedonian Customs Detain Gucci, Armani, Adidas, Nike, BIC Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Converse, Sony Counterfeits
- Macedonian Authorities Confiscate Computers, Pirate CDs
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Luxury Goods
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
- Kazakhstan Accedes to Madrid Protocol
- Azerbaijan Accedes to Geneva Act
- Serbia Accedes to Nice Agreement and Singapore Treaty
- Kosovo PTO Now Accepts Search Requests