Macedonian Customs Detain Gucci, Armani, Adidas, Nike, BIC Counterfeits
During regular controls at Macedonia’s border crossings in the period between September 20 and October 10, 2010, the customs officials detained a considerable quantity of goods bearing well-known brand names, believed to be counterfeit.
In the week of September 20-26, the customs officials detained 77,000 pantyhose packages bearing the mark of BIC, 210 jackets bearing the logos of Gucci and Armani, 200 pairs of athletic footwear bearing the marks of D&G and Converse, and 397 men’s hats bearing the mark of Lacoste.
In the week of September 27-October 3, the customs officials detained 712 textile products (tracksuits, blouses, jeans, men’s underwear and belts) bearing the logos of Adidas, Nike, Puma, D&G, Boss, Armani and Levi’s, as well as 570 cotton blouses bearing the mark of D&G.
In the week of October 4-10, the Macedonian customs detained 150 pillowcases with the logo of Louis Vuitton.
The goods, which were found in trucks with Bulgarian, Macedonian, and Turkish license plates, originated in China and Turkey, and were intended for the Macedonian and Kosovo markets.
For more information, please contact Aleksandra Noveska at our Macedonia office.
Source: Macedonian Customs
Read more news on North Macedonia or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
October 2010 News
- Bulgaria to Register Grape Rakia as Protected Geographical Indication
- Priority Registration of Cyrillic IDNs with .com.ua and .kiev.ua as of October 19
- Russian Chocolate Maker Banned from Selling Raffaello Look-Alikes in Ukraine
- Rospatent to Serve as ISA, IPEA under PCT for US
- Accented Characters Now Allowed in Slovenian Domain Names, Registration Costs Reduced
- Albania Approves National IP Strategy 2010-2015
- Fake Nike Apparel Destroyed in Serbia
- Fake Goods Make Quarter of Russia’s Key Retail Sector Sales
- Georgia World Leader in Software Piracy
- Macedonian Customs Detain Gucci, Armani, Adidas, Nike, BIC Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Converse, Sony Counterfeits
- Macedonian Authorities Confiscate Computers, Pirate CDs
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Luxury Goods
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
- Kazakhstan Accedes to Madrid Protocol
- Azerbaijan Accedes to Geneva Act
- Serbia Accedes to Nice Agreement and Singapore Treaty
- Kosovo PTO Now Accepts Search Requests