Serbia Accedes to Nice Agreement and Singapore Treaty
On September 17, 2010, Serbia deposited its instrument of accession to the Nice Agreement Concerning the International Classification of Goods and Services for the Purposes of the Registration of Marks. The Agreement will enter into force in Serbia on December 17, 2010.
On August 19, 2010, Serbia deposited its instrument of accession to the Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks, adopted in Singapore on March 27, 2006. The Treaty will enter into force in Serbia on November 19, 2010. Serbia ratified the Law on Ratification of the Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks in May 2010.
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Read more news on Serbia or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
October 2010 News
- Bulgaria to Register Grape Rakia as Protected Geographical Indication
- Priority Registration of Cyrillic IDNs with .com.ua and .kiev.ua as of October 19
- Russian Chocolate Maker Banned from Selling Raffaello Look-Alikes in Ukraine
- Rospatent to Serve as ISA, IPEA under PCT for US
- Accented Characters Now Allowed in Slovenian Domain Names, Registration Costs Reduced
- Albania Approves National IP Strategy 2010-2015
- Fake Nike Apparel Destroyed in Serbia
- Fake Goods Make Quarter of Russia’s Key Retail Sector Sales
- Georgia World Leader in Software Piracy
- Macedonian Customs Detain Gucci, Armani, Adidas, Nike, BIC Counterfeits
- Romanian Customs Seize Converse, Sony Counterfeits
- Macedonian Authorities Confiscate Computers, Pirate CDs
- Bulgarian Police Seize Counterfeit Luxury Goods
- Unlicensed Software Seized in Bulgaria
- Kazakhstan Accedes to Madrid Protocol
- Azerbaijan Accedes to Geneva Act
- Serbia Accedes to Nice Agreement and Singapore Treaty
- Kosovo PTO Now Accepts Search Requests