Kazakhstan Roundtable on Copyright and Related Rights
On August 26, 2010, the Intellectual Property Rights Committee of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan presented its achievements in the first half of 2010 during the roundtable on copyright and related rights.
In the first six months of 2010, the Committee registered 1,131 compositions, which is a 29 percent increase compared to the same period last year. The number of inspections has increased and the authorities seized 63,000 illegal copies of various content worth approximately EUR 120,000 (USD 153,000).
127 people or entities were held responsible for violating the law on copyright and related rights. The majority of the violations consisted of illegal use of audiovisual materials and phonograms.
The deputy chair of the Committee stressed that the amount of piracy has become equivalent to the amount of illegal trafficking of drugs and weapons, and that unless the authorities and interested parties join efforts in safeguarding copyright and related rights, adequate law enforcement will be impossible.
For more information, please contact Masa Lopicic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Kazakh National IP Institute
September 2010 News
- Donald Trump Sues Lithuanian Beauty Pageant Organizer Over Trademark, Copyright Infringement
- Macedonia Adopts New Copyright and Related Rights Law
- Trademark Registrations Greatly Increasing in Russia
- Kosovo Parliament Approves New Trademark and Industrial Design Laws
- DuPont Defends Teflon Brand Against Russian Infringers
- Russian Court Affirms Bank’s Exclusive Rights to Cabbage Image
- New York Times to Launch News Service News.me
- Microsoft to Protect Russian NGOs From Politically Motivated Piracy Raids
- 20 Servers with Pirated Films Found at Polish University
- Knauf Awarded USD 160,000 in Case Against Russian Counterfeiter
- Russia Opens Software Piracy Case Against LG Electronics
- New Copyright Laws Published in Bosnia Official Gazette
- Estonian University Gets European Patent for Lactic Acid Bacterium
- REHAU Gets Well-Known Trademark Status in Ukraine
- Moscow Gorbushka Market Faces Uncertain Fate
- Russia Adopts New Rules for Destruction of Fake Drugs
- Romanian Customs Seize Coca Cola, Gucci, Calvin Klein Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit Phones, Sneakers, Apparel
- Hungarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Sneakers Worth EUR 1.8 M
- Bulgarian PTO Seizes Puma, Armani, Adidas Counterfeits
- Kyrgyzstan Accedes to Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalization for Foreign Public Documents
- Moldova PTO Announces Public Consultation on EU Geographical Indications
- Azerbaijan Issues Patents for 39 Inventions in Period April-August
- Kazakhstan Roundtable on Copyright and Related Rights
- Azerbaijan Opens Data Center Aimed at Facilitating Trade