Bulgarian PTO Seizes Puma, Armani, Adidas Counterfeits
During recent inspections in a number of Bulgarian towns — the capital of Sofia, Sandanski, southwestern Bulgaria, Svilengrad, southern Bulgaria, and various Black Sea resorts — the Bulgarian Patent Office (BPO) officials discovered and seized more than 1,500 counterfeit items bearing the marks of Lacoste, Puma, Armani, D&G, Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss, Bulgari, Adidas, Jean Paul Gaultier, Louis Vuitton and Chanel.
The counterfeit goods were seized during the month of August and mainly consisted of sportswear, footwear, handbags, perfumes, mobile phones and accessories.
The BPO officials actively assist the Bulgarian police and customs officials in carrying out these types of inspections.
For more information, please contact Milena Bogoslovova at our Bulgaria office.
Source: Sofia Echo; BPO
September 2010 News
- Donald Trump Sues Lithuanian Beauty Pageant Organizer Over Trademark, Copyright Infringement
- Macedonia Adopts New Copyright and Related Rights Law
- Trademark Registrations Greatly Increasing in Russia
- Kosovo Parliament Approves New Trademark and Industrial Design Laws
- DuPont Defends Teflon Brand Against Russian Infringers
- Russian Court Affirms Bank’s Exclusive Rights to Cabbage Image
- New York Times to Launch News Service News.me
- Microsoft to Protect Russian NGOs From Politically Motivated Piracy Raids
- 20 Servers with Pirated Films Found at Polish University
- Knauf Awarded USD 160,000 in Case Against Russian Counterfeiter
- Russia Opens Software Piracy Case Against LG Electronics
- New Copyright Laws Published in Bosnia Official Gazette
- Estonian University Gets European Patent for Lactic Acid Bacterium
- REHAU Gets Well-Known Trademark Status in Ukraine
- Moscow Gorbushka Market Faces Uncertain Fate
- Russia Adopts New Rules for Destruction of Fake Drugs
- Romanian Customs Seize Coca Cola, Gucci, Calvin Klein Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit Phones, Sneakers, Apparel
- Hungarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Sneakers Worth EUR 1.8 M
- Bulgarian PTO Seizes Puma, Armani, Adidas Counterfeits
- Kyrgyzstan Accedes to Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalization for Foreign Public Documents
- Moldova PTO Announces Public Consultation on EU Geographical Indications
- Azerbaijan Issues Patents for 39 Inventions in Period April-August
- Kazakhstan Roundtable on Copyright and Related Rights
- Azerbaijan Opens Data Center Aimed at Facilitating Trade