Moldova PTO Announces Public Consultation on EU Geographical Indications
On August 20, 2010, the Moldovan State Agency for Intellectual Property (AGEPI) published a special edition of the Official Gazette with the list of agricultural and food products that have a protected geographical status in the European Union and which Moldova will be expected to respect.
The special edition follows the April 23, 2010 decision of the Government of the Republic of Moldova to conclude the agreement with the EU on the protection of geographical indications for agricultural products and foodstuffs.
Interested parties may object to any of these protected products by filing an opposition with the AGEPI within two months from the date of publication.
The Gazette can be obtained free of charge here.
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic at our Balkan regional office.
September 2010 News
- Donald Trump Sues Lithuanian Beauty Pageant Organizer Over Trademark, Copyright Infringement
- Macedonia Adopts New Copyright and Related Rights Law
- Trademark Registrations Greatly Increasing in Russia
- Kosovo Parliament Approves New Trademark and Industrial Design Laws
- DuPont Defends Teflon Brand Against Russian Infringers
- Russian Court Affirms Bank’s Exclusive Rights to Cabbage Image
- New York Times to Launch News Service News.me
- Microsoft to Protect Russian NGOs From Politically Motivated Piracy Raids
- 20 Servers with Pirated Films Found at Polish University
- Knauf Awarded USD 160,000 in Case Against Russian Counterfeiter
- Russia Opens Software Piracy Case Against LG Electronics
- New Copyright Laws Published in Bosnia Official Gazette
- Estonian University Gets European Patent for Lactic Acid Bacterium
- REHAU Gets Well-Known Trademark Status in Ukraine
- Moscow Gorbushka Market Faces Uncertain Fate
- Russia Adopts New Rules for Destruction of Fake Drugs
- Romanian Customs Seize Coca Cola, Gucci, Calvin Klein Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit Phones, Sneakers, Apparel
- Hungarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Sneakers Worth EUR 1.8 M
- Bulgarian PTO Seizes Puma, Armani, Adidas Counterfeits
- Kyrgyzstan Accedes to Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalization for Foreign Public Documents
- Moldova PTO Announces Public Consultation on EU Geographical Indications
- Azerbaijan Issues Patents for 39 Inventions in Period April-August
- Kazakhstan Roundtable on Copyright and Related Rights
- Azerbaijan Opens Data Center Aimed at Facilitating Trade