Kosovo Parliament Approves New Trademark and Industrial Design Laws
On September 8, 2010, the Kosovo parliament approved two new laws in the field of intellectual property, the Law on Industrial Design and the Law on Trademarks.
The new Law on Industrial Design will replace the 2005 Law No. 2005/02-L45, while the new Law on Trademarks will replace the 2006 Law No. 2006/02-L54, currently in force in Kosovo.
To enter into force, the new laws will have to be promulgated by the President of the Republic of Kosovo, which is expected in the near future.
Furthermore, on September 1, 2010, the Kosovo government approved the Draft Law on Patents, which has been submitted to the parliament for further discussion and approval.
More details about the new laws are to follow soon.
For more information, please contact Kujtesa Nezaj-Shehu.
September 2010 News
- Donald Trump Sues Lithuanian Beauty Pageant Organizer Over Trademark, Copyright Infringement
- Macedonia Adopts New Copyright and Related Rights Law
- Trademark Registrations Greatly Increasing in Russia
- Kosovo Parliament Approves New Trademark and Industrial Design Laws
- DuPont Defends Teflon Brand Against Russian Infringers
- Russian Court Affirms Bank’s Exclusive Rights to Cabbage Image
- New York Times to Launch News Service News.me
- Microsoft to Protect Russian NGOs From Politically Motivated Piracy Raids
- 20 Servers with Pirated Films Found at Polish University
- Knauf Awarded USD 160,000 in Case Against Russian Counterfeiter
- Russia Opens Software Piracy Case Against LG Electronics
- New Copyright Laws Published in Bosnia Official Gazette
- Estonian University Gets European Patent for Lactic Acid Bacterium
- REHAU Gets Well-Known Trademark Status in Ukraine
- Moscow Gorbushka Market Faces Uncertain Fate
- Russia Adopts New Rules for Destruction of Fake Drugs
- Romanian Customs Seize Coca Cola, Gucci, Calvin Klein Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit Phones, Sneakers, Apparel
- Hungarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Sneakers Worth EUR 1.8 M
- Bulgarian PTO Seizes Puma, Armani, Adidas Counterfeits
- Kyrgyzstan Accedes to Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalization for Foreign Public Documents
- Moldova PTO Announces Public Consultation on EU Geographical Indications
- Azerbaijan Issues Patents for 39 Inventions in Period April-August
- Kazakhstan Roundtable on Copyright and Related Rights
- Azerbaijan Opens Data Center Aimed at Facilitating Trade