Bulgarian Customs Seize Nike, Adidas, Puma, Diesel Counterfeits
During their recent inspection at the Lesovo border crossing point in southeastern Bulgaria, the customs officials seized 3,126 clothing items and accessories bearing well-known brand names, believed to be counterfeit.
The officials seized 1,896 key holders and metal emblems with the mark of Mercedes and 1,230 jackets, Bermuda shorts, T-shirts and sporting items bearing the marks of Nike, Adidas, Puma and Diesel. The items were found in a truck with a foreign license plate traveling from Turkey to Hungary. The driver stated that he carried 470 parcels packed with textile goods.
Moreover, during a recent inspection of three stores located at the Black Sea resort of Nessebar in southeastern Bulgaria, the police officials seized 250 bags and wallets bearing the marks of Puma, Chanel and Prada and 150 T-shirts bearing the mark of Puma.
For more information, please contact Milena Bogoslovova at our Bulgaria office.
July 2010 News
- Russian Couple Arrested in EUR 1 Billion Film Piracy Case
- American Photography Student to Sue Polish Clothing Label for Copyright Infringement
- Moldova Adopts New Law on Copyright and Neighboring Rights
- Serbia Ratifies European Patent Convention
- Serbia Adopts Five New IP Regulations
- Estonia Gets US Patent, Its First Since Seceding from Soviet Union
- Sunrise Period for Russian Cyrillic Domain Ends Mid-September
- Croatia Announces New Administrative Procedures for Domain Names
- Bulgaria Proposes Four New Cyrillic Domain Names
- Russia, Kazakhstan, and Belarus Launch Customs Union
- Romanian Customs Seize Puma, Adidas, Nike, Disney Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Nike, Adidas, Puma, Diesel Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit Bags, Shoes, Apparel
- Poor Enforcement of Copyright Law Blamed for Poor Copyright Protection in Macedonia
- Hungarian Police Seize 58 Computer Servers in Anti-Online-Piracy Raid
- Music Piracy Still Thriving in Serbia
- USPTO Launches PPH with HPO on July 1, To Launch PPH with Rospatent on September 1
- Serbia Ratifies Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- Ukraine and WIPO Sign Cooperation Program for 2010-2012
- Uzbekistan SPO Announces New Bank Details for Patent Fee Payment