Serbia Adopts Five New IP Regulations
Further to the recently adopted laws – The Law on Trademarks, The Law on Protection of Topography of Integrated Circuits, The Law on Protection of Industrial Design, and The Law on Copyrights and Related Rights, which came into force on December 24, 2009, the Serbian government adopted five new regulations defining in more detail certain provisions related to the administrative procedures to be carried out before the Serbian Intellectual Property Office.
At its session on June 17, 2010, the Serbian government adopted two regulations that pertain to the trademark and industrial design application and registration procedures. Both regulations were published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia No. 43/2010 and entered into force on July 3, 2010.
At its session on June 24, 2010, the Serbian government adopted three regulations, two of them governing the registration of copyright works and one governing the registration of topography of integrated circuits. The three regulations were published in the Official Gazette No. 45/2010 and entered into force on July 11, 2010.
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Serbian IPO
July 2010 News
- Russian Couple Arrested in EUR 1 Billion Film Piracy Case
- American Photography Student to Sue Polish Clothing Label for Copyright Infringement
- Moldova Adopts New Law on Copyright and Neighboring Rights
- Serbia Ratifies European Patent Convention
- Serbia Adopts Five New IP Regulations
- Estonia Gets US Patent, Its First Since Seceding from Soviet Union
- Sunrise Period for Russian Cyrillic Domain Ends Mid-September
- Croatia Announces New Administrative Procedures for Domain Names
- Bulgaria Proposes Four New Cyrillic Domain Names
- Russia, Kazakhstan, and Belarus Launch Customs Union
- Romanian Customs Seize Puma, Adidas, Nike, Disney Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Nike, Adidas, Puma, Diesel Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit Bags, Shoes, Apparel
- Poor Enforcement of Copyright Law Blamed for Poor Copyright Protection in Macedonia
- Hungarian Police Seize 58 Computer Servers in Anti-Online-Piracy Raid
- Music Piracy Still Thriving in Serbia
- USPTO Launches PPH with HPO on July 1, To Launch PPH with Rospatent on September 1
- Serbia Ratifies Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- Ukraine and WIPO Sign Cooperation Program for 2010-2012
- Uzbekistan SPO Announces New Bank Details for Patent Fee Payment