Ukraine and WIPO Sign Cooperation Program for 2010-2012
On June 30, 2010 in Kyiv, the Ukrainian Vice Prime Minister Volodymyr Semynozhenko and Director General of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Francis Gurry signed a cooperation agreement identifying new areas for collaboration in the 2010-2012 period.
The cooperation program aims to improve the Ukrainian intellectual property protection system. WIPO experts are planning to hold various seminars aimed at harmonizing Ukrainian and international legislation and training Ukrainian law enforcement authorities, particularly judges, in the area of IPR protection.
Semynozhenko noted that Ukraine’s cooperation with the WIPO is ongoing for eight years now, during which time Ukraine improved its system of IPR protection. He noted that Ukraine is currently ranked 108th in the world in terms of the IP protection and expressed hopes that the fulfillment of the program’s measures will result in a higher ranking.
For more information, please contact Jelena Jankovic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Ukrainian radio’s website, WIPO
July 2010 News
- Russian Couple Arrested in EUR 1 Billion Film Piracy Case
- American Photography Student to Sue Polish Clothing Label for Copyright Infringement
- Moldova Adopts New Law on Copyright and Neighboring Rights
- Serbia Ratifies European Patent Convention
- Serbia Adopts Five New IP Regulations
- Estonia Gets US Patent, Its First Since Seceding from Soviet Union
- Sunrise Period for Russian Cyrillic Domain Ends Mid-September
- Croatia Announces New Administrative Procedures for Domain Names
- Bulgaria Proposes Four New Cyrillic Domain Names
- Russia, Kazakhstan, and Belarus Launch Customs Union
- Romanian Customs Seize Puma, Adidas, Nike, Disney Counterfeits
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Nike, Adidas, Puma, Diesel Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Detain Counterfeit Bags, Shoes, Apparel
- Poor Enforcement of Copyright Law Blamed for Poor Copyright Protection in Macedonia
- Hungarian Police Seize 58 Computer Servers in Anti-Online-Piracy Raid
- Music Piracy Still Thriving in Serbia
- USPTO Launches PPH with HPO on July 1, To Launch PPH with Rospatent on September 1
- Serbia Ratifies Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks
- Ukraine and WIPO Sign Cooperation Program for 2010-2012
- Uzbekistan SPO Announces New Bank Details for Patent Fee Payment