Bulgarian Travel Agency Fined for Unfair Competition
Bulgaria’s Commission for Unfair Competition fined a Sofia-based travel agency, Pan Tour Ltd. with EUR 981(USD 1,440) for infringing the rights of its competitor, Pan Tours Ltd.
The two companies, with almost identical names, were in the same line of business, providing travel services in Sofia.
The infringer moved into the same office space, formerly occupied by the plaintiff, and gave its business an almost identical name, with only one letter difference, with the intent to gain plaintiff’s clients.
According to the court, the infringer engaged in unfair competition by using a confusingly similar corporate, business and professional name with the intent to deceive consumers.
For more information, please contact Milena Bogoslovova in our Bulgarian Office.
September 2009 News
- German Retailer Successfully Claims Its Trademark in Russia
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 2,774,096 Worth of Counterfeit Goods
- Croatian Customs Seize and Destroy Counterfeit Apparel
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Converse and Reebok
- Bulgarian Travel Agency Fined for Unfair Competition
- Croatia Joins the Academy of European Law
- Romanian PTO Officials Help Small Businesses
- Macedonian Government Adopts a Three-Year IP Strategy
- Serbian Government Adopts the Draft Law on Copyright and Neighboring Rights
- Seminar on Copyright and Neighboring Rights Held in Serbia
- Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights Symposium in Macedonia
- Unlicensed CDs and DVDs Seized in Bulgaria
- Montenegro’s Domain .ME to Completely Replace Former Domain CG.YU
- Slovak PTO Publishes New Website
- Kyrgyz Domain Registry Website Launched
- Bulgarian Patent Office to Implement the OPAC Project
- Macedonia Joins the European Community Program Customs 2013