Macedonian Customs Holds Training on IP Protection
On April 21-23, 2009, the Macedonian Customs held a training session on the enforcement of the Law on the Customs Measures for the Protection of IP Rights.
The training was held as part of the TAIEX program in Macedonia. TAIEX stands for the Technical Assistance and Information Exchange Instrument of the Institution Building unit of the Directorate-General Enlargement of the European Commission. Its aim is to provide the new EU member states, acceding countries, candidate countries, and the administrations of the Western Balkans with short-term technical assistance in the field of approximation, application and enforcement of EU legislation.
The following topics were addressed at the training session: how to enforce the customs legislation in Macedonia and in the EU member states, plans for new EU regulations, the EU Action Plan for IP rights for 2009-2012, and ways to improve Macedonia’s customs work in the area of IP rights protection.
The training was conducted by Daniel Koener from the Luxembourg Customs, and Antonio Lloret Macián from the Spanish Customs.
For more information, please contact Tatjana Nakevska in our Macedonia office.
May 2009 News
- Serbian Draft Laws on Copyrights, Industrial Designs and Integrated Circuit Topographies Up for Discussion
- Montenegro Establishes Procedures for the Registration of Geographical Indications
- Russia Adopts Strict Position on Revocation Procedures for Non-Use of Trademarks
- Romania Introduces Fees for Publication of Trademark Applications
- Counterfeit Armani Apparel Destroyed in Croatia
- Counterfeit Marlboro, Johnny Walker, Ballantine’s and Microsoft Items Destroyed in Macedonia
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Nike, Puma and Reebok Apparel
- Macedonian Customs Seizes Counterfeit Lacoste, Versace, Puma Apparel
- Romania Destroys 150,000 Pirated CDs, DVDs and VHS Tapes
- Unlicensed Microsoft Software and Satellite Receivers Discovered in Bulgaria
- EU Extends Customs and Tax Assistance Project in Western Balkans
- Poland Accedes to Geneva Act and Singapore Treaty
- Ukraine Accedes to Locarno, Strasbourg and Vienna Agreements
- Serbia to Establish Center for IP Information and Education
- Macedonian Customs Holds Training on IP Protection
- Bulgaria to Host PATLIB 2009