Montenegro Establishes Procedures for the Registration of Geographical Indications
May 12 2009 - 16:35
The Montenegrin “Regulation on Procedures for the Registration of Geographical Indications” entered into force on April 21, 2009.
The regulation was drafted on the basis of a recently enacted Law on Geographical Indications, which came into force on August 19, 2008.
The regulation was prepared by the Montenegrin Ministry of Economy and it was published in the Official Gazette of Montenegro on April 13, 2009.
For more information, please contact Jelena Radević in our Montenegro office.
Read more news on Montenegro or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
May 2009 News
- Serbian Draft Laws on Copyrights, Industrial Designs and Integrated Circuit Topographies Up for Discussion
- Montenegro Establishes Procedures for the Registration of Geographical Indications
- Russia Adopts Strict Position on Revocation Procedures for Non-Use of Trademarks
- Romania Introduces Fees for Publication of Trademark Applications
- Counterfeit Armani Apparel Destroyed in Croatia
- Counterfeit Marlboro, Johnny Walker, Ballantine’s and Microsoft Items Destroyed in Macedonia
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Nike, Puma and Reebok Apparel
- Macedonian Customs Seizes Counterfeit Lacoste, Versace, Puma Apparel
- Romania Destroys 150,000 Pirated CDs, DVDs and VHS Tapes
- Unlicensed Microsoft Software and Satellite Receivers Discovered in Bulgaria
- EU Extends Customs and Tax Assistance Project in Western Balkans
- Poland Accedes to Geneva Act and Singapore Treaty
- Ukraine Accedes to Locarno, Strasbourg and Vienna Agreements
- Serbia to Establish Center for IP Information and Education
- Macedonian Customs Holds Training on IP Protection
- Bulgaria to Host PATLIB 2009