Ukraine Accedes to Locarno, Strasbourg and Vienna Agreements
On April 7, 2009, Ukraine acceded to the Locarno Agreement on the International Classification for Industrial Designs, and the Strasbourg Agreement on the International Patent Classification.
According to the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the Locarno Agreement will enter into force in Ukraine on July 7, 2009, while the Strasbourg Agreement will enter into force on April 7, 2010.
On April 29, 2009, Ukraine acceded to the Vienna Agreement on the International Classification of the Figurative Elements of Marks. This agreement will enter into force in Ukraine on July 29, 2009.
For more information, please contact Jovana Miočinović in our Balkan Regional Office.
Read more news on Ukraine or . Get our latest IP news or browse IP News Eastern Europe Archives.
May 2009 News
- Serbian Draft Laws on Copyrights, Industrial Designs and Integrated Circuit Topographies Up for Discussion
- Montenegro Establishes Procedures for the Registration of Geographical Indications
- Russia Adopts Strict Position on Revocation Procedures for Non-Use of Trademarks
- Romania Introduces Fees for Publication of Trademark Applications
- Counterfeit Armani Apparel Destroyed in Croatia
- Counterfeit Marlboro, Johnny Walker, Ballantine’s and Microsoft Items Destroyed in Macedonia
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Nike, Puma and Reebok Apparel
- Macedonian Customs Seizes Counterfeit Lacoste, Versace, Puma Apparel
- Romania Destroys 150,000 Pirated CDs, DVDs and VHS Tapes
- Unlicensed Microsoft Software and Satellite Receivers Discovered in Bulgaria
- EU Extends Customs and Tax Assistance Project in Western Balkans
- Poland Accedes to Geneva Act and Singapore Treaty
- Ukraine Accedes to Locarno, Strasbourg and Vienna Agreements
- Serbia to Establish Center for IP Information and Education
- Macedonian Customs Holds Training on IP Protection
- Bulgaria to Host PATLIB 2009