Bulgaria to Host PATLIB 2009
The Bulgarian Patent Office (BPO) will host the annual conference of patent information centers in Europe – PATLIB 2009. The conference will take place at Kempinski Hotel Zografski in Sofia from May 20 to 22, 2009.
According to the website of the European Patent Office (EPO), PATLIB is a network of patent information centers, comprising the national patent offices of each EPO member state and all regional patent information centers. In total, there are more than 328 such centers in Europe.
The EPO organizes PATLIB conferences on an annual basis and in cooperation with national patent offices. Traditionally, the conference features an exhibition where national patent offices and commercial providers present their activities, products and services.
According to EPO’s website, some of the keynote speakers at PATLIB 2009 will be: Alison Brimelow, president of the European Patent Office; Frédéric Caillaud, director of licensing and business development at L’Oréal; and Kostadin Manev, president of the Bulgarian Patent Office.
For more information, please contact Milena Bogoslovova in our Bulgaria office.
May 2009 News
- Serbian Draft Laws on Copyrights, Industrial Designs and Integrated Circuit Topographies Up for Discussion
- Montenegro Establishes Procedures for the Registration of Geographical Indications
- Russia Adopts Strict Position on Revocation Procedures for Non-Use of Trademarks
- Romania Introduces Fees for Publication of Trademark Applications
- Counterfeit Armani Apparel Destroyed in Croatia
- Counterfeit Marlboro, Johnny Walker, Ballantine’s and Microsoft Items Destroyed in Macedonia
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Nike, Puma and Reebok Apparel
- Macedonian Customs Seizes Counterfeit Lacoste, Versace, Puma Apparel
- Romania Destroys 150,000 Pirated CDs, DVDs and VHS Tapes
- Unlicensed Microsoft Software and Satellite Receivers Discovered in Bulgaria
- EU Extends Customs and Tax Assistance Project in Western Balkans
- Poland Accedes to Geneva Act and Singapore Treaty
- Ukraine Accedes to Locarno, Strasbourg and Vienna Agreements
- Serbia to Establish Center for IP Information and Education
- Macedonian Customs Holds Training on IP Protection
- Bulgaria to Host PATLIB 2009