Serbia to Establish Center for IP Information and Education
The Serbian Intellectual Property Office has recently launched a project for the opening of a center for information and education in the field of intellectual property, in cooperation with the European Commission and the European Patent Office (EPO).
According to the Serbian officials, the aim of the center will be to assist the IPO in raising general public awareness with respect to intellectual property and in developing professional capacities in the field of intellectual property.
Another goal of the center will be to help Serbia achieve the required level of intellectual property protection before joining the European Union. In that respect, the center will provide IP-related workshops and training.
The center will be located on the premises of the Serbian IPO, while the project is entirely financed by the European Commission and EPO. The project will last three years and it will be carried out in two phases:
- Establishment of the Center for IP Information and Education;
- Launch of Center’s activities.
Besides financial help, the European Commission and the EPO will also handle the logistics. Namely, they will provide the qualified individuals to hold IP workshops, as well as the necessary IT.
For more information, please contact Jovana Miočinović in our Balkan Regional Office.
May 2009 News
- Serbian Draft Laws on Copyrights, Industrial Designs and Integrated Circuit Topographies Up for Discussion
- Montenegro Establishes Procedures for the Registration of Geographical Indications
- Russia Adopts Strict Position on Revocation Procedures for Non-Use of Trademarks
- Romania Introduces Fees for Publication of Trademark Applications
- Counterfeit Armani Apparel Destroyed in Croatia
- Counterfeit Marlboro, Johnny Walker, Ballantine’s and Microsoft Items Destroyed in Macedonia
- Romanian Customs Seize Counterfeit Adidas, Nike, Puma and Reebok Apparel
- Macedonian Customs Seizes Counterfeit Lacoste, Versace, Puma Apparel
- Romania Destroys 150,000 Pirated CDs, DVDs and VHS Tapes
- Unlicensed Microsoft Software and Satellite Receivers Discovered in Bulgaria
- EU Extends Customs and Tax Assistance Project in Western Balkans
- Poland Accedes to Geneva Act and Singapore Treaty
- Ukraine Accedes to Locarno, Strasbourg and Vienna Agreements
- Serbia to Establish Center for IP Information and Education
- Macedonian Customs Holds Training on IP Protection
- Bulgaria to Host PATLIB 2009