PETOŠEVIĆ Establishes New Office in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
We are pleased to announce that we have opened an office in Kazakhstan, Central Asia’s largest and economically most dominant country.
Our new office in Kazakhstan’s capital of Nur-Sultan (formerly Astana) is our second office in Central Asia and our fifth office in the Russian-speaking region – a great addition to the offices we already have in Kyiv, Ukraine; Moscow, Russia; Tashkent, Uzbekistan; and Minsk, Belarus.
The new office reflects our clients’ requests for a broader regional coverage through a single firm. After years of working through affiliated offices in Kazakhstan, we are now able to provide direct contact to our clients for all their intellectual property needs.
Head of Office Aliya Madiyarova is a Kazakh Patent, Trademark and Design Agent. With 10 years of experience in all areas of intellectual property, Ms. Madiyarova will supervise the entire range of contentious and non-contentious work for our clients operating in Kazakhstan and represent them before the Kazakh IPO, customs, courts and other state authorities. She will also oversee our growing team in Nur-Sultan, which for now includes:
Junior Associate Ainagul Zhumagulova who will focus on patent, design and trademark prosecution and enforcement and also represent our clients before the Kazakh IPO, customs, courts and other state authorities.
Administrative Assistant Dayana Auezova who will handle administrative and office tasks including correspondence and translations, and assist with the prosecution of applications we handle in Kazakhstan.
PETOSEVIC GROUP Executive Chairman and CEO Slobodan Petošević said: “The decision to proceed with opening our own office in Kazakhstan follows a constantly increasing demand for our services in the challenging region of Central Asia. Our Head of Office is one of the top IP professionals there and our team was carefully selected based on our knowledge of the market, which we accumulated by working through affiliated offices from the moment Kazakhstan became independent. Experience gained by establishing our first Central Asian office in 2017, in Uzbekistan, certainly helped. The increasing demand for affordable but sophisticated and specialized IP services in this region left us with little choice. Despite these uncertain times we are all currently experiencing, we went ahead with our new office and are excited to contribute to the efforts of bringing quality IP protection services to a higher level in Central Asia.”
PETOSEVIC LLP (TOO PETOSHEVICH)
Kunaev Street 12/1
Floor 3, Office 9
T: +7 701 765 65 00
May 2020 News
- Croatia Drafts New Copyright Act
- Russia Introduces Mandatory Drug Labeling
- Slovenian Customs Detained EUR 6.1 Million Worth of Counterfeits in 2019
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Chanel® Shoes
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel and Footwear
- Nouryon Defends Russian and Eurasian Patents from BASF’s Invalidation Actions
- Eurasian Economic Union Members Sign EAEU Trademark Agreement
- New Patent Act Enters into Force in Croatia
- Ukrainian Authorities Shut Down Production of Fake Shisha Tobacco
- Ukrainian Tax Authorities Seize Counterfeit Medicines
- Hungarian Officials Seize EUR 545,000 Worth of Fake Apparel, Accessories, Fabric
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Shoes, Accessories, Perfume