Slovenian Customs Detained EUR 6.1 Million Worth of Counterfeits in 2019
The number of detentions performed by the Slovenian Customs in 2019 was 469, slightly more than in 2018, when there were 435 detentions. The estimated value of the detained items however decreased significantly – it was only EUR 6.1 million in 2019, as opposed to EUR 51.7 million in 2018. The number of detained items is also significantly lower – 324,401 items were detained in 2019, as opposed to 701,048 in 2018.
The table below shows the Slovenian Customs’ statistics on the detentions of IPR infringing goods for the period 2017-2019:
|No. of infringing items||194,050||701,048||324,401|
|No. of detentions||746||435||469|
|Value in EUR (millions)||4.0||51.7||6.1|
The most prevalent counterfeit goods were clothes, footwear, accessories, car parts, toys and audio/video devices. The majority of counterfeits, as in previous years, arrived by sea through the Port of Koper in southwest Slovenia and by mail. The goods arriving by sea were mostly intended for recipients in other EU countries (Czech Republic, Hungary, Croatia and Austria). The goods arriving by mail were intended for recipients in Slovenia. The majority of the detained counterfeits originated in China, Hong Kong, Turkey, while a part of them originated in Singapore and India. Most of the detained counterfeits were destroyed under the Customs’ supervision.
Prepared by: Maja Žnidarič Plevnik
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Financial Administration of the Republic of Slovenia
May 2020 News
- Croatia Drafts New Copyright Act
- Russia Introduces Mandatory Drug Labeling
- Slovenian Customs Detained EUR 6.1 Million Worth of Counterfeits in 2019
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Chanel® Shoes
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel and Footwear
- Nouryon Defends Russian and Eurasian Patents from BASF’s Invalidation Actions
- Eurasian Economic Union Members Sign EAEU Trademark Agreement
- New Patent Act Enters into Force in Croatia
- Ukrainian Authorities Shut Down Production of Fake Shisha Tobacco
- Ukrainian Tax Authorities Seize Counterfeit Medicines
- Hungarian Officials Seize EUR 545,000 Worth of Fake Apparel, Accessories, Fabric
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Shoes, Accessories, Perfume