Ukrainian Authorities Shut Down Production of Fake Shisha Tobacco
The Security Service of Ukraine has recently put an end to the production and distribution of counterfeit shisha tobacco in the city of Dnipro in central Ukraine.
The authorities raided a clandestine workshop located in a rented warehouse and seized counterfeit shisha tobacco, raw materials and equipment for its production, as well as records of related financial transactions. The raw materials were purchased in different regions of Ukraine, while the finished product was sold online and shipped to customers by mail. The seized goods and equipment are estimated to be worth approximately EUR 285,000 (USD 308,000).
Prepared by: Valentyna Martynenko
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: The Security Service of Ukraine website
May 2020 News
- Croatia Drafts New Copyright Act
- Russia Introduces Mandatory Drug Labeling
- Slovenian Customs Detained EUR 6.1 Million Worth of Counterfeits in 2019
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Chanel® Shoes
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel and Footwear
- Nouryon Defends Russian and Eurasian Patents from BASF’s Invalidation Actions
- Eurasian Economic Union Members Sign EAEU Trademark Agreement
- New Patent Act Enters into Force in Croatia
- Ukrainian Authorities Shut Down Production of Fake Shisha Tobacco
- Ukrainian Tax Authorities Seize Counterfeit Medicines
- Hungarian Officials Seize EUR 545,000 Worth of Fake Apparel, Accessories, Fabric
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Apparel, Shoes, Accessories, Perfume