Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Toys, Accessories and Fabric
Bulgarian customs officials recently seized a considerable amount of counterfeit goods believed to infringe various well-known trademarks.
Officials at the Customs Office in Varna on the coast of Bulgaria seized 33,709 counterfeit items in eight containers shipped from China. The goods included toys, beachwear, helmets, suitcases, rucksacks, flasks and lighters, believed to infringe numerous word and figurative trademarks, including Disney®, Marvel®, Hello Kitty®, Yu-Gi-Oh®, Minions®, Sponge Bob®, Jack Daniels®, Lego®, Monster Energy®, Transformers®, BMW®, Porsche®, Mercedes Benz®, Audi®, Chanel®, Gucci® and Louis Vuitton®.
Customs officials at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point with Turkey seized over 204 rolls of fabric infringing the Minnie Mouse® and Angry Birds® trademarks. The goods, weighing over five tons, were transported in a truck with Bulgarian license plates, entering the country from Turkey.
Prepared by: Maxim Hristov
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Bulgarian Customs
July 2017 News
- Russian FAS Against Unjustified Parallel Imports Restrictions
- Russia Amends Out-of-Court Procedure
- Croatia Amends Law on Copyright and Related Rights
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 60,000 Worth of Counterfeit Goods
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Perfume
- Russian Supreme Court Upholds Controversial Decision in TRISOLEN Case
- Uzbekistan Amends IP Legislation
- Tajikistan Introduces Patent Term Extensions
- Estonia, Latvia Move Closer to Ratification of UPC Agreement
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Joins DesignView
- Serbia Opens Negotiations on IP Law and Customs Union Chapters in EU Accession Talks
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Toys, Accessories and Fabric
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Detergent
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Sweatpants