Serbia Opens Negotiations on IP Law and Customs Union Chapters in EU Accession Talks
On June 20, 2017, the sixth meeting of the EU Accession Conference with Serbia took place in Luxembourg to open negotiations on chapters 7, on intellectual property law, and 29, on the EU Customs Union.
In order to accede to the EU, Serbia must complete the negotiation of 35 chapters. Ten have now been opened for negotiations, out of which two chapters have already been provisionally closed.
By opening negotiations on chapters 7 and 29, Serbia commits to further aligning its IP and customs legislation and practices with those of the EU.
Prepared by: Djurdja Krivokapić
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Serbian IPO
July 2017 News
- Russian FAS Against Unjustified Parallel Imports Restrictions
- Russia Amends Out-of-Court Procedure
- Croatia Amends Law on Copyright and Related Rights
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 60,000 Worth of Counterfeit Goods
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Perfume
- Russian Supreme Court Upholds Controversial Decision in TRISOLEN Case
- Uzbekistan Amends IP Legislation
- Tajikistan Introduces Patent Term Extensions
- Estonia, Latvia Move Closer to Ratification of UPC Agreement
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Joins DesignView
- Serbia Opens Negotiations on IP Law and Customs Union Chapters in EU Accession Talks
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Fake Toys, Accessories and Fabric
- Hungarian Officials Seize Fake Detergent
- Serbian Customs Seize Fake Sweatpants