Darth Viktorovich Vader Registers DARKSIDE Trademark in Ukraine
A person named Darth Viktorovich Vader has recently registered the trademark DARKSIDE in Ukraine.
The names of the trademark, the owner and his company Temnaya Storona Sily (“the dark side of the force”) all allude to Star Wars, the American epic space opera franchise centered on a film series created by George Lucas.
Darth Viktorovich Vader’s company, a wholesale supplier of textiles, computer hardware and software and electronic and telecommunications equipment, is based in Kiev.
The trademark DARKSIDE was registered in international class 35 covering advertising, business management, business administration, and office functions.
Prepared by: Olga Goncharova
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Ain.ua – Ukrainian web journal on IT developments and business; Ukrainian PTO website
October 2015 News
- EU-Ukraine IPR Dialogue Addresses Main Issues
- New Industrial Property Institutions and Procedures Act to Enter into Force in Latvia
- European Patents to Cover Moldova
- Hungarian PTO Launches Electronic Filing of Trademark Applications
- Darth Viktorovich Vader Registers DARKSIDE Trademark in Ukraine
- Macedonia Joins DesignView
- Counterfeiting in Figures – Slovenia, EU and Global Overview
- Ukraine to Launch Cybercrime Police Unit
- Counterfeit Sneakers, Bags, Belts Destroyed in Montenegro
- Bosnia Customs Seize and Destroy Counterfeit Clothing and Footwear
- Slovenian Customs Seize 8,300 Counterfeit Perfumes, Hair Care Products
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 226,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs, Police Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear