Counterfeit Sneakers, Bags, Belts Destroyed in Montenegro
On October 7, 2015, the Montenegrin customs officials and PETOŠEVIĆ Montenegro representatives, as well as other brand representatives, witnessed the destruction of 9,800 counterfeit items found to infringe the intellectual property rights of the world’s leading brands.
PETOŠEVIĆ Montenegro representatives supervised the destruction of 5,460 pairs of fake Converse All Star sneakers, as well of 300 athletic bags and 180 rubber bracelets bearing the mark of another leading supplier of athletic shoes and apparel. These counterfeits were seized at the Port of Bar, Montenegro’s main seaport, in March 2015 and were intended for local companies from the towns of Ulcinj, Rožaje and the capital of Podgorica.
The goods were destroyed following the simplified customs procedure with no objections from the importer. The destruction took place at the premises of a local company from Bar that carries out destructions in accordance with ecological and sanitary standards. The counterfeits were destroyed in a grinder machine and the leftovers were transported to a local waste yard.
A week earlier, PETOŠEVIĆ representatives and the local custom authorities witnessed a destruction of a small quantity of bags and belts bearing the mark of the luxury brand Hermes. Fake Hermes goods were seized at the passenger terminal at Podgorica Airport earlier this year.
The photos of both destructions are in our gallery.
Prepared by: Jelena Radevic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Montenegro Customs; PETOŠEVIĆ
October 2015 News
- EU-Ukraine IPR Dialogue Addresses Main Issues
- New Industrial Property Institutions and Procedures Act to Enter into Force in Latvia
- European Patents to Cover Moldova
- Hungarian PTO Launches Electronic Filing of Trademark Applications
- Darth Viktorovich Vader Registers DARKSIDE Trademark in Ukraine
- Macedonia Joins DesignView
- Counterfeiting in Figures – Slovenia, EU and Global Overview
- Ukraine to Launch Cybercrime Police Unit
- Counterfeit Sneakers, Bags, Belts Destroyed in Montenegro
- Bosnia Customs Seize and Destroy Counterfeit Clothing and Footwear
- Slovenian Customs Seize 8,300 Counterfeit Perfumes, Hair Care Products
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 226,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs, Police Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear