Romanian Customs Seize EUR 226,000 Worth of Counterfeits
On October 7-8, 2015, the Romanian customs officials seized various products believed to be counterfeit, the total value of which is estimated at EUR 226,000 (USD 249,000).
The seized products included toys, games and coloring books believed to infringe the Despicable Me, Minions, Frozen, Disney, Spiderman and My Little Pony trademarks.
The seizures were made at the port of Constanta. The goods originated in China were intended for the Romanian market.
Prepared by: Liliana Cristea
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Romanian Customs
October 2015 News
- EU-Ukraine IPR Dialogue Addresses Main Issues
- New Industrial Property Institutions and Procedures Act to Enter into Force in Latvia
- European Patents to Cover Moldova
- Hungarian PTO Launches Electronic Filing of Trademark Applications
- Darth Viktorovich Vader Registers DARKSIDE Trademark in Ukraine
- Macedonia Joins DesignView
- Counterfeiting in Figures – Slovenia, EU and Global Overview
- Ukraine to Launch Cybercrime Police Unit
- Counterfeit Sneakers, Bags, Belts Destroyed in Montenegro
- Bosnia Customs Seize and Destroy Counterfeit Clothing and Footwear
- Slovenian Customs Seize 8,300 Counterfeit Perfumes, Hair Care Products
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 226,000 Worth of Counterfeits
- Serbian Customs, Police Seize Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear