Macedonia to Propose .мкд (.mkd) as Cyrillic Domain Extension
The Macedonian Academic Research Network (MARnet), responsible for managing and servicing Macedonia’s Latin top-level domain .mk, will submit to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) for approval the extension .мкд (.mkd) for Macedonia’s Cyrillic top-level domain.
This proposal will be included in Macedonia’s official request for initiating the process for obtaining a Cyrillic domain.
A total of 2,288 votes were cast for six proposals selected by MARnet: .мкд (.mkd), .мак (.mak), .рм (.rm), .македонија (.makedonija), .рмкд (.rmkd), .рмак (.rmak). The extension .мкд won the most votes – 1,670 votes or 73 percent of the total number of votes cast. The extension .мак was second with 324 votes or 14 percent, while the extension .рм was third with 155 votes or 7 percent.
Prepared by: Aleksandra Pavlovic
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
January 2013 News
- Draft Agreement on Unitary Trademark within Customs Union of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia
- Amendments to Belarus Trademark Law Enter into Force
- Bulgarian PTO to Abolish ‘Class Heading Covers All’ Approach
- Bulgarian PTO Rules in Favor of Hard Rock Café
- Ukrainian Court Rules in Favor of eBay in Trademark Infringement Case
- US Brewer Anheuser-Busch Wins Right to Use “Bud” Trademark Throughout EU
- LEGO Takes Czech Pirate Party to Court Over Copyright and Trademark Infringement
- Macedonia to Propose .мкд (.mkd) as Cyrillic Domain Extension
- Moldovan PTO Launches Online Application System
- Azerbaijan Approves Rules for Entrance of IPR into Customs Register
- Azerbaijan Records Growth in Domain Name Registrations
- Azerbaijan Makes Slight Progress in IPR Protection in 2012
- Moldova Ratifies Agreement with EU on Protection of GIs
- Macedonian Customs Seize and Destroy Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Accessories, Pants
- Fake Mobile Phones Destroyed in Russia