Moldova Ratifies Agreement with EU on Protection of GIs
On December 27, 2012, the Moldovan parliament ratified the EU – Moldova agreement on the mutual protection of geographical indications (GIs) for agricultural products and foodstuffs, signed on June 26, 2012 in Brussels.
The agreement will enter into force on the first day of the second month counting from the date both parties confirm in writing that they have completed their internal procedures for ratification.
The Moldovan PTO (AGEPI) will soon join efforts with the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industry and the Customs Service to prepare an action plan for the implementation of the agreement’s provisions.
The agreement aims to promote the trade of high-quality products between the two signatories and encourage the development of the GI system in Moldova.
Prepared by: Masa Lopicic
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Moldovan PTO (AGEPI)
January 2013 News
- Draft Agreement on Unitary Trademark within Customs Union of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia
- Amendments to Belarus Trademark Law Enter into Force
- Bulgarian PTO to Abolish ‘Class Heading Covers All’ Approach
- Bulgarian PTO Rules in Favor of Hard Rock Café
- Ukrainian Court Rules in Favor of eBay in Trademark Infringement Case
- US Brewer Anheuser-Busch Wins Right to Use “Bud” Trademark Throughout EU
- LEGO Takes Czech Pirate Party to Court Over Copyright and Trademark Infringement
- Macedonia to Propose .мкд (.mkd) as Cyrillic Domain Extension
- Moldovan PTO Launches Online Application System
- Azerbaijan Approves Rules for Entrance of IPR into Customs Register
- Azerbaijan Records Growth in Domain Name Registrations
- Azerbaijan Makes Slight Progress in IPR Protection in 2012
- Moldova Ratifies Agreement with EU on Protection of GIs
- Macedonian Customs Seize and Destroy Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Accessories, Pants
- Fake Mobile Phones Destroyed in Russia