Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Accessories, Pants
This month the Bulgarian customs officials at the Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint on the Bulgarian-Turkish border seized a considerable quantity of perfumes, women’s pants and children’s accessories bearing well-known brand names, believed to be counterfeit.
During the weekend of January 18-19, the customs officials seized more than 2,000 counterfeit perfumes and eaux de toilette worth approximately EUR 100,000 (USD 135,000).
The goods bore the logos of Paco Rabanne, Nina Ricci, Armani, Lacoste, Dolce&Gabbana and others. Most of the counterfeit perfumes were found in a minibus with Polish license plates travelling from Turkey to Poland.
The customs officials have also seized 3,000 pairs of counterfeit women’s pants bearing the Zara mark and 960 counterfeit children’s backpacks and wallets bearing the Hello Kitty mark.
The counterfeit Zara pants were discovered in a truck with Turkish license plates travelling to Poland, while the fake Hello Kitty items were discovered in a truck with Turkish license plates travelling to Sweden.
Prepared by: Preslav Penev
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Source: Bulgarian Customs
January 2013 News
- Draft Agreement on Unitary Trademark within Customs Union of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia
- Amendments to Belarus Trademark Law Enter into Force
- Bulgarian PTO to Abolish ‘Class Heading Covers All’ Approach
- Bulgarian PTO Rules in Favor of Hard Rock Café
- Ukrainian Court Rules in Favor of eBay in Trademark Infringement Case
- US Brewer Anheuser-Busch Wins Right to Use “Bud” Trademark Throughout EU
- LEGO Takes Czech Pirate Party to Court Over Copyright and Trademark Infringement
- Macedonia to Propose .мкд (.mkd) as Cyrillic Domain Extension
- Moldovan PTO Launches Online Application System
- Azerbaijan Approves Rules for Entrance of IPR into Customs Register
- Azerbaijan Records Growth in Domain Name Registrations
- Azerbaijan Makes Slight Progress in IPR Protection in 2012
- Moldova Ratifies Agreement with EU on Protection of GIs
- Macedonian Customs Seize and Destroy Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Perfumes, Accessories, Pants
- Fake Mobile Phones Destroyed in Russia