First Counterfeit Goods Destroyed in Albania
In spite of the large number of customs watch applications, the first destruction of counterfeit goods in Albania took place only recently, on August 9-10, 2012, when 1,005 items bearing the mark of the world’s leading supplier of athletic shoes and apparel and a major manufacturer of sports equipment were destroyed in the presence of trademark representatives and Albanian customs officials.
The fake goods, including sneakers, flip-flops, bags and socks, originated in China and were recently seized in the capital of Tirana and at the Port of Durres, the largest port in Albania, located on the central Albanian coast.
The destruction process took place at private business premises in Tirana. The sneakers and flip-flops were cut in half and taken to the Tirana landfill for final disposal, while the socks and bags were burned.
This is an important step forward in the fight against counterfeiting and it shows that the Albanian customs authorities have prioritized the IPR protection.
Prepared by: Melina Nika
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: PETOŠEVIĆ Albania
August 2012 News
- New Official Fees in Russia
- Five IP-Related Administrative Instructions Enter into Force in Kosovo
- Romanian PTO Issues New Instructions for Trademark and GI Examination Procedures
- Amendments to Montenegro Trademark Law Enter into Force
- Russia Regains Rights to Stolichnaya and Moskovskaya Vodka Brands
- Russian Perfume Maker Registers First Scent Trademark in Russia
- Russian Court Protects Swiss Watchmaker’s Trademark
- Bulgarian Importer Loses Bad Faith Case against German Cosmetics Manufacturer
- Ukraine Closes Top File-Sharing Website
- First Counterfeit Goods Destroyed in Albania
- Ukraine Customs Seize 32,000 Nivea Products
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.3 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Watches, Perfumes, Cosmetics, Apparel
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel
- Macedonian Government Promotes New Patent Portal
- Polish Soft Cheese Gets GI Status
- Labeling of Electronic Data Carriers Obligatory in Armenia