Amendments to Montenegro Trademark Law Enter into Force
The amendments to the trademark law in Montenegro entered into force on August 17, 2012. They were published in the Official Gazette No. 44/12 on August 9, 2012.
The amendments clarify the provisions related to the application filing date and the provisions related to examination of applications for national trademark registrations.
Furthermore, the amendments clarify the procedures for transforming international trademark applications into national applications as well as the procedures for filing oppositions against international registrations.
By: Jasna Jusic
For more information, please contact Jasna Jusic at our Montenegro office.
August 2012 News
- New Official Fees in Russia
- Five IP-Related Administrative Instructions Enter into Force in Kosovo
- Romanian PTO Issues New Instructions for Trademark and GI Examination Procedures
- Amendments to Montenegro Trademark Law Enter into Force
- Russia Regains Rights to Stolichnaya and Moskovskaya Vodka Brands
- Russian Perfume Maker Registers First Scent Trademark in Russia
- Russian Court Protects Swiss Watchmaker’s Trademark
- Bulgarian Importer Loses Bad Faith Case against German Cosmetics Manufacturer
- Ukraine Closes Top File-Sharing Website
- First Counterfeit Goods Destroyed in Albania
- Ukraine Customs Seize 32,000 Nivea Products
- Romanian Customs Seize EUR 1.3 M Worth of Counterfeits
- Macedonian Customs Seize Counterfeit Watches, Perfumes, Cosmetics, Apparel
- Bulgarian Customs Seize Counterfeit Apparel
- Macedonian Government Promotes New Patent Portal
- Polish Soft Cheese Gets GI Status
- Labeling of Electronic Data Carriers Obligatory in Armenia