EUR 1 Million Worth of Counterfeits Seized in Joint Customs Operation ‘Fireblade’
In the period April 5–14, 2011, more than 28,000 pieces or pairs of counterfeit textile items and accessories worth approximately EUR 1,000,000 (USD 1,430,200) were seized along the European Union’s eastern border in a joint customs operation called Fireblade.
The Hungarian National Tax and Customs Administration organized the operation in cooperation with the European Anti-Fraud Office, the European Law Enforcement Agency, Europol and national customs offices. Several non-EU countries including Croatia, Ukraine and Moldova participated in the operation along with the EU member states.
Along with the fake apparel and accessories entering the EU from its eastern neighbors, the customs officials also detained large shipments of smuggled perfumes and cigarettes.
For more information, please contact Masa Lopicic at our Balkan Regional Office.
Source: Just Style, European Commission
July 2011 News
- Montenegro IPO Now Accepts Trademark Search Requests
- Regulation on Opposition Procedure Enters into Force in Bulgaria
- Serbia Adopts Optical Disk Law
- Kosovo Patent Applications Update
- Amendments to Macedonian Law on Civil Court Procedure in Force as of September 9
- Ukraine Customs Security for Processing Counterfeit Goods Reduced
- Ukrainian Seller of Adidas and Nike Counterfeits Sentenced to Three Years in Prison
- Bulgarian Meat Producer Fined for Unfair Competition
- Bosnian Prosecutor’s Office Charges Nine People with Copyright Violations
- Bulgarian Police Seize EUR 10 Million Worth of Luxury Counterfeits
- EUR 1 Million Worth of Counterfeits Seized in Joint Customs Operation ‘Fireblade’
- Kosovo Customs Destroy Counterfeit Apparel, Footwear, Labels
- Macedonian Customs Detain Energy Drinks, Razors, Apparel
- Romanian Customs Seize Nescafe, Polo, Adidas, Lacoste, Reebok Counterfeits
- Slovak Customs Seize 4 Million Counterfeit Marlboro Cigarettes
- Serbian Customs Detain Fake Wristwatches, Sunglasses
- Serbian Scientists to Get Genuine Microsoft Software
- Kazakhstan Combats Internet Piracy
- Russia’s Media Company Combats Illegal Online Content
- Letters With Diacritical Signs Now Allowed in Estonian Domain Names
- Change in Individual Fee under Hague Agreement for Kyrgyzstan
- Individual Fee Under Madrid Protocol for Tajikistan Enters into Force
- Czech Republic Changes Fees Under Budapest Treaty
- Azerbaijani Scientists Develop Technology to Monitor Cardiovascular Disease via Mobile Phones
- Consultations Begin on Pre-Draft of Bosnian Decree on Customs Measures re Patent Holders Rights
- Uzbekistan Establishes Agency for Intellectual Property